I think if I had to sketch a character from any story in the world, I would pick the wizard, from " the wizard of OZ". It is because this is my favorite childhood story, and I've always wanted to know how he looks. When I was little I had no problem picturing all the other characters but the the wizard.
It is hard to decide who I would sketch. There are so many characters from so many books. When I read a book a picture characters and then if the movie comes out it is for me disappointing that the character looks completely different. I think I would like to sketch Veronika from the book “Veronika decides to die”. I really found this book interesting, and I often imagined how she would look, and the move disappointed me, since not only story was changed but the description of the characters in the book was different than how they looked in the movie.
I mean there are so many people that i would like to attempt to draw however i cant say that im good at sketching but if i had to pick one it would probably have to be like Batman and Catwomen. I know how they look like for real but i think it would be nice to just re-sketch him the way i imagined him. I would like to out my own twist to my favorite comic.
There are many books, which I liked a lot. While reading every book I was trying to imagine the characters, the reality they live in, real feeling and was thinking about the things, which author didn’t mention. One of the best books I’ve read was ‘Anna Karenina’ by Lev Tolstoy. When I was reading it, I could stop for 2 seconds just to imagine the face of the protagonist – Anna at the particular moment. When author didn’t tell her feelings, I was trying to understand the way she was then. I was looking forward to see the movie so much and I wasn’t disappointed when I finally watched it. It was interesting to compare my representation of the book to the actual movie. Sometimes there were missed moments which I liked the most and which did grab my attention. Still I liked the way they showed Anna and other characters, how they expressed all the drama of this story.
I don't really know who i would like to sketch. A lot of books that i was impressed by already have a screen version. So, sketching in this case is very useless. Maybe for police it is a good technology, but for a good book it is totally useless.
I love lots of books, mostly science fictional, so it's definitely no wonder that I'd love to see Honor Harrington (Honor Harrington series, David Weber) and Guy Montag (Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury). I reaaly want to see how would they look if they were real.
I would like to see the characters from the book 'We' (That we read). As I was reading the book, I always wondered what those characters would look like in real life, just to see how different people would look if they were in the same situation as the characters in the book.
If I would be given an opportunity to choose a character which would be sketched, I think, I would choose D-503 from book "WE". As we have worked previously with this book, it would be interesting for me (after all the discussions and presentations) to see how he looked like.
When I read the question, the answer appeared in my head immediately. I'm in love with Sherlock Holmes for many years already, I read all his stories, and I watched all of the movies. There are movies from three different countries and in each Mr Holmes looks different. So, that's why I would love to know how "my" Sherlock Holmes looks.
If I would need to sketch one on character, I would choose Katerina from Shevchenko poem “Katerina” with a wonderful landscape behind. The reason for that is that I like the description of nature in this poem and the inner emotional world of the main character. Moreover, she has all those beautiful traditional clothes with embroidery, which looks really powerful.
I’m absolutely in love with Bronte’s sister writing and two of my favorite books are ‘Jane Eyre’ and ‘Wuthering Heights’. My choice of a character would be either Heathcliff or Mr.Rochester. Their personalities are extremely complex, dominating and unpredictable. It would be interesting to see how they can be illustrated with all those characteristics and whether what I’ve imagined fits the actual portrait. On the other hand illustrating them could take away the charm and mystery that good books always introduce along with the character and certainly I would not want to be disappointed.
Seb G I would like to sketch Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander from "The Sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind. Zed is a wizard of the First Order but lets skip this part. He is a very smart and wise character. I would like to sketch him because I think every reader sees him in a different way. I would like to try sketch his face because it should be showing his age knowledge.
I think if I had to sketch a character from any story in the world, I would pick the wizard, from " the wizard of OZ". It is because this is my favorite childhood story, and I've always wanted to know how he looks. When I was little I had no problem picturing all the other characters but the the wizard.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard to decide who I would sketch. There are so many characters from so many books. When I read a book a picture characters and then if the movie comes out it is for me disappointing that the character looks completely different. I think I would like to sketch Veronika from the book “Veronika decides to die”. I really found this book interesting, and I often imagined how she would look, and the move disappointed me, since not only story was changed but the description of the characters in the book was different than how they looked in the movie.
ReplyDeleteI mean there are so many people that i would like to attempt to draw however i cant say that im good at sketching but if i had to pick one it would probably have to be like Batman and Catwomen. I know how they look like for real but i think it would be nice to just re-sketch him the way i imagined him. I would like to out my own twist to my favorite comic.
ReplyDeleteThere are many books, which I liked a lot. While reading every book I was trying to imagine the characters, the reality they live in, real feeling and was thinking about the things, which author didn’t mention. One of the best books I’ve read was ‘Anna Karenina’ by Lev Tolstoy. When I was reading it, I could stop for 2 seconds just to imagine the face of the protagonist – Anna at the particular moment. When author didn’t tell her feelings, I was trying to understand the way she was then. I was looking forward to see the movie so much and I wasn’t disappointed when I finally watched it. It was interesting to compare my representation of the book to the actual movie. Sometimes there were missed moments which I liked the most and which did grab my attention. Still I liked the way they showed Anna and other characters, how they expressed all the drama of this story.
ReplyDeleteI don't really know who i would like to sketch. A lot of books that i was impressed by already have a screen version. So, sketching in this case is very useless. Maybe for police it is a good technology, but for a good book it is totally useless.
ReplyDeleteI love lots of books, mostly science fictional, so it's definitely no wonder that I'd love to see Honor Harrington (Honor Harrington series, David Weber) and Guy Montag (Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury). I reaaly want to see how would they look if they were real.
ReplyDeleteI would like to see the characters from the book 'We' (That we read). As I was reading the book, I always wondered what those characters would look like in real life, just to see how different people would look if they were in the same situation as the characters in the book.
ReplyDeleteIf I would be given an opportunity to choose a character which would be sketched, I think, I would choose D-503 from book "WE". As we have worked previously with this book, it would be interesting for me (after all the discussions and presentations) to see how he looked like.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read the question, the answer appeared in my head immediately. I'm in love with Sherlock Holmes for many years already, I read all his stories, and I watched all of the movies. There are movies from three different countries and in each Mr Holmes looks different. So, that's why I would love to know how "my" Sherlock Holmes looks.
ReplyDeleteIf I would need to sketch one on character, I would choose Katerina from Shevchenko poem “Katerina” with a wonderful landscape behind. The reason for that is that I like the description of nature in this poem and the inner emotional world of the main character. Moreover, she has all those beautiful traditional clothes with embroidery, which looks really powerful.
ReplyDeleteI’m absolutely in love with Bronte’s sister writing and two of my favorite books are ‘Jane Eyre’ and ‘Wuthering Heights’. My choice of a character would be either Heathcliff or Mr.Rochester. Their personalities are extremely complex, dominating and unpredictable. It would be interesting to see how they can be illustrated with all those characteristics and whether what I’ve imagined fits the actual portrait. On the other hand illustrating them could take away the charm and mystery that good books always introduce along with the character and certainly I would not want to be disappointed.
ReplyDeleteSeb G
ReplyDeleteI would like to sketch Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander from "The Sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind. Zed is a wizard of the First Order but lets skip this part. He is a very smart and wise character. I would like to sketch him because I think every reader sees him in a different way. I would like to try sketch his face because it should be showing his age knowledge.